AIMP Announces Election Results for LA, New York & Nashville Chapters
The Association of Independent Music Publishers (AIMP) has announced the results of this year’s bi-annual Board of Directors elections.
The new leadership will go into effect on January 1st, 2019.
In addition to the change in leadership, members ratified a revised set of association bylaws, which is the first substantive update since 1977 when AIMP was established. The newly revised bylaws are aimed at bringing the document in line with the industry and technological advances over the past 40 years.
The new bylaws will establish a national Executive Committee to govern AIMP, made up of representation from each chapter.
And without further ado, here’s the new AIMP leadership for 2019 for the Los Angeles, Nashville, and New York chapters.
- President: Teri Nelson Carpenter – Reel Muzik Werks, LLC
- Vice President: Marc Caruso – Angry Mob Music (new member)
- Secretary: David Weitzman – ole
- Treasurer: Steven Ambers – SOCAN
- Todd Brabec – Attorney/Author/Consultant
- Ginia Eady-Marshall – Disney Music Publishing (new member)
- Linda Gallico – Realsongs
- Erin M. Jacobson – Attorney, The Music Industry Lawyer
- Sam Kling – SESAC
- Dale L. Melidosian – Music Asset Management (new member)
- Abby North – North Music Group LLC (new member)
- Eric Polin – Universal Pictures
- Barbie Quinn – BMI
- Michael Todd – ASCAP
- President: John Ozier – ole
- Vice President: Ree Guyer – Wrensong Music
- Secretary: Chris Van Belkom – Combustion Music
- Treasurer: Dale Bobo – Big Deal Music
- Mark Brown – Round Hill Music (new member)
- Robert Carlton – SMACKSongs (new member)
- Shannan Hatch – SESAC (new member)
- Tim Hunze – Parallel Music
- Steve Markland – Downtown Music Publishing (new member)
- Michael Martin – ASCAP
- Mike Molinar – Big Machine Publishing (new member)
- Leslie Roberts – BMI
- President: Alisa Coleman – ABKCO Music & Records Inc.
- Vice President: Mark Spier – Memory Lane Music Group
- Treasurer: Steve White, CPA – Janover LLC
- Secretary: Arthur Levy, Esq. – The Levy Firm
- Julia Buchheim – Bank Robber Music / Rough Trade Publishing (new member)
- Phil Cialdella – Atlas Music Publishing
- Keith D’Arcy – Kobalt Music
- Joyce Dollinger, Esq. – Alter Kendrick & Baron LLP
- Rell LaFargue – Reservoir (new member)
- Michael Lau – Round Hill Music (new member)
- Debbie Rose – Shapiro Bernstein & Co.
- Michael Simon – Harry Fox Agency (HFA) / Rumblefish
- Jon Singer – Spirit Music Group (new member)
- Sharon Tapper – Pivot Music Group / NYC3 (new member)
Elections for the AIMP Board of Directors are held at each chapter every two years, with no member allowed to serve more than four consecutive years in the same position. Candidates are required to be a current member of a chapter and must be engaged in music publishing or a related business.